On a level of consciousness much deeper than the rational, you must come to believe that you have a purpose for being here, that you are capable of knowing your life’s mission, and that you have all you need to express your greatness and accomplish even the miraculous. This simple ceremony can help you acquire this vital wisdom.
Time for Exercise: 30 minutes, 15 minutes for each lover
Seven stones of different colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white (or clear). Polished stones purchased from a gem shop are best, but many items commonly available around the house will be suitable substitutes. Most important is that you have seven of the same type of object, one each in the seven different colors. Other suitable small objects include pieces of glass or smooth plastic, flowers, scarves (or other pieces of colored cloth), and fruit.
- Your partner lies naked on her back.
- Place the stones on her body at the chakra points in the following order, one at a time:
- red stone on her mound of pubic hair
- orange stone on the belly about two finger widths below her navel
- yellow stone at the solar plexus, at the point of the breast bone just below where the ribs meet
- green stone between her breasts
- blue stone at the center of her throat
- purple stone in the center of her forehead
- white or clear stone near the crown of her head
As you are placing the stones, say something such as this:
“As I place these stones upon your naked body, the energy of love moves freely in and out of you.”
When all of the stones are in place, say something such as this:
“All of the foundation stones are in place, and your entire body will vibrate in harmony with your purpose in life. You are now empowered to accomplish your life’s mission. These stones are symbolic of your foundation in this world, on this planet, and in this life. From this secure platform you may go forth inspired to express your greatness, to experience and accomplish wondrous things.”
- Repeat the exercise for the other partner.
Focus all your attention on each chakra center as you place the stones, remembering your intention of love and power. When you are the receiving partner, allow each center to open to the loving touch and energetic intention of your lover.
Excerpted from our new book Sensual Love Secrets for Couples: The Four Freedoms of Body, Mind, Heart and Soul, by Al Link and Pala Copeland, Llewellyn, 2007